We are excited to announce two exciting items:
1) We are launching our Urbanrehab-Fullerton Musculoskeletal Centre, where our resident musculoskeletal doctor, Dr Elton Ong, will assess patients with orthopedic, musculoskeletal and sports injuries and pains in Ocean Financial Centre, Raffles Place. By appointment only. Launching on 1st October 2015. Read here for more on our Musculoskeletal Centre.
2) We are licensed clinical distributors of Sleep Made To Measure Customized Pillows, meaning that you can now create pillows specifically for you/loved ones, and they're made mainly for people with neck pain. Read more on Sleep Made To Measure Customized Pillows.
Postural Assessment & Dysfunction - Physiotherapy Singapore
In our physiotherapy clinic, we often provide postural
assessments and postural correction for our patients. Some of
these patients may be aged, some are relatively young, but ultimately, they all
have muscular imbalances and joints wear and tear due to prolonged poor posture
as well as poor balance that causes the postural imbalances in the first place.
It is often debated as a chicken and egg problem, that poor
posture causes wear and tear or wear and tear causes poor posture, but we don't
subscribe to that.
Fundamentally, it is a vicious cycle where both occurs at
the same time - a patient may have weaker muscles, that causes more wear and
tear on specific joints that contributes back to muscles being set in poor
biomechanics, which can also have a constant, general ache and pain that can
progressively get worse over time.
Long term poor positioning and posture causes a chronic and
consistent muscle and joint increased stress. By providing a passive and active
stretch force to the over-used muscles, combine this with a strengthening
program to increase the strength and stamina of weakened muscles, we help our
patients to achieve muscular balance, that improves mobility and decreases
pains and aches.
To manage postural issues such as these, a combination of
physiotherapy intervention as well as regular deep tissue release. What regular
deep tissue release does is to loosen scar adhesions, tight knots, shortened or
tightened muscles (see other benefits of deep tissue release here).
What the physiotherapist will do is to identify the core
cause of the problem through thorough clinical interviews as well as biomechanical
and physical tests. We will deal first with the pain, but one can also expect
progressive strengthening and customized exercises as well, which needs to be
done consistently over a six to twelve weeks.
Where to next?
- Make A Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy or Deep Tissue Release Singapore Appointment
- Arrange A CallBack or Make An E-Enquiry Here
- See the list of physiotherapy conditions we treat
- See the list of orthopedic surgeons we serve in Singapore
- Return to Urbanrehab's Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy and Sports Massage Singapore Home Page from our postural assessment page
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
URBANREHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to 97402164, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at 97402164, thanks!