We are excited to announce two exciting items:
1) We are launching our Urbanrehab-Fullerton Musculoskeletal Centre, where our resident musculoskeletal doctor, Dr Elton Ong, will assess patients with orthopedic, musculoskeletal and sports injuries and pains in Ocean Financial Centre, Raffles Place. By appointment only. Launching on 1st October 2015. Read here for more on our Musculoskeletal Centre.
2) We are licensed clinical distributors of Sleep Made To Measure Customized Pillows, meaning that you can now create pillows specifically for you/loved ones, and they're made mainly for people with neck pain. Read more on Sleep Made To Measure Customized Pillows.
CranioSacral Therapy for Healing in Singapore
CranioSacral Therapy deals very subtly with an important mechanics in
our body. It corrects direct damage and trauma that our body receives
from birth trauma, trauma from car accidents, trauma from sports injury
and other traumatic incidences. Therapy is conducted via a very gentle
touch of the CranioSacral rhythm. This rhythm is created by a hydraulic
fluid system called the CerebroSpinal Fluid (CSF) which is produced
within the brain and spread throughout your head (brain and skull), face
and spinal cord; with training and palpation, you can feel this rhythm
pulse all over the body.
In a normal healthy person,
the rhythm is a “healthy” constant and strong, but under stress and
trauma, the pulse becomes “unhealthy” by going into arrhythmic, poor
circulation and resulting in physical, emotional and organic
CranioSacral Therapy is a
gentle therapeutic modality that works by applying gentle pressure to
the bones of your skull as well as your spinal cord and other areas of
the body to provide you relief from pain to misalignment and arrthyms.
At an emotional level, CranioSacral Therapy may produce a feeling of
relief and “lightening.” An example is if a person underwent certain
circumstances and/or situations that causes anger, frustrations, deep
burdens, fear etc – these emotions are not a separate by-product that
just disappears. They linger and “gets stuffed” inwardly and stored
inside us, in many situations causing discomfort, pain, diseases and a
general sense of being unwell or unhealthy. Through combining
CranioSacral misalignments as well as your somatosensory history, we
guide you through a release we work called SomatoEmotional Release.
Release is an advanced form of CranioSacral Therapy, and you will
receive insights and understandings how emotions and belief systems can
be stored in your spinal cord, muscles and tissues…all the way to a
cellular level. In a nutshell, we help you to find those stored emotions
and belief systems and gently guide you to release the emotional
disturbances through a gentle and relaxing way, leaving behind
non-residual damages and strain, enhancing your health and wellbeing.How Can CranioSacral Therapy help me?
It has been reported to help facilitate healing and rehabilitation of the following conditions:
How are Cranio-Sacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release applied?
- Acute & Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Migraines and Headaches
- Respiratory Problems
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Joint Sprain
- Muscle Strain
- Pain, soreness and stiffness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pre and post orthopedic surgery
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Rheumatism / Arthritis / Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) syndrome
- Sport Injuries
- Tennis elbow & Golfer’s elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndromes
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Pre, During & Post Pregnancy & Delivery
- Birth Traumas
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bell’s Palsy (Facial Paralysis)
- Learning Disabilities
- Infantile Disorders
- Chronic Viruses & Infections
- Poor Immune System function
- Sugar Metabolism Disorders
- Many Others...
sessions are administered with clients fully clothed and lying (usually
face up) on a medical bed. The CST practitioner will apply gentle
pressure, measuring less then a niquel, throughout your body, focusing
primarily on the skull and spinal cord to provoke and promote the
uncovering of the healing crisis where you will go through a release
phenomena. This is called a therapeutic facilitated healing process, and
during this process you may experience physical and emotional signs
such as heat, vibration, pulsation, tingling etc.As you read
this, you may observe that our focus is to provide relief from pains and
emotional doubts by guiding you through a series of combined, different
Where to next?
- Make A Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy or Deep Tissue Release Singapore Appointment
- Arrange A CallBack or Make An E-Enquiry Here
- See the list of physiotherapy conditions we treat
- Return to Urbanrehab's Physiotherapy and Hand Therapy Singapore Home Page from our craniosacral therapy page
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
URBANREHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to 97402164, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at 97402164, thanks!